Don't forget to poke the photos to enlarge!

Thursday, April 20, 2017

Grave Gardening...

Well... She didn't manage to completely get buried, but she came close.

I was planting Marigolds this morning.  Tessie was helping... Then I heard, "HELP ME!!!"

Yup.  Just as I was about to throw a trowel full of dirt into the hole, Tessie slipped and fell in.

Thank goodness, the soil didn't cover her mouth.  I hadn't packed the dirt down so it was pretty easy to get her out...

I doubt that she will get that close to the edge of a planting hole again. 

As soon as she dusted herself off, she volunteered to have her picture taken with the Marigolds. All of them are bigger than she is, so it is understandable that she got covered with one scoop of dirt.
After the planting, we went and inspected the new tomato plants.  I have three kinds this year and the little yellow cherry tomatoes are coming on quickly.  I had one right off of the plant yesterday morning.  Tessie has the second one that is ripe in her hot little hands right now and I don't think that I am going to even get a nibble off of this one.
No sign of figs yet.

Our last stop was the pomegranate tree.  It is going full force, but I am having to keep Tessie away from them.  Every year I have to explain to her that they have to get bigger than my fist before she can start munching on the seeds.  We should have a pretty good crop this year if I can keep her from breaking them off and throwing them at the squirrels and Zar... Especially at Zar.

She thinks it's great fun to drop them on his head if he gets anywhere near where she is in the tree.

Needless to say, with all of the planting that we did this morning, the minis will have to be later today.

Back to the garden.  See you tomorrow.

1 comment:

Giac said...

Hello Casey,
I am glad she was not hurt...she never seems to learn, does she!
Have a great weekend.
Big hug
Giac