Don't forget to poke the photos to enlarge!

Monday, April 24, 2017

Uncaged!

I found one of the old birdcages in the garage this morning.  I started painting it to use with the new wicker...

I didn't get very far. Tessie saw what I was doing and grabbed the paintbrush out of my hand and threatened..."Do you want me to paint you to death?"

I am not exactly sure how one gets painted to death, but I also don't want to find out how!

It came to the point where neither one of us would back down... Then Tessie said, "If we can't agree on what to do, maybe it isn't worth doing..."  She had a point.  Neither one of us was going to be happy for the rest of the day if I kept painting... And besides, I didn't want to get painted to death.  It doesn't sound like fun!

So I took one side of the cage in question and she took the other.  We carried it out to the garbage bin and tossed it in.  Tessie almost went in with it, but I caught her just in time.

The banana bread came out of the oven about that time.  I had a slice.

Tessie grabbed a knife and started chopping herself a piece.

When she chops, she doesn't mess around.

She took a whole corner out of it. She could barely carry it...

I cleaned up the kitchen and Tessie disappeared, bread and all!

I finished in the kitchen and went to look for her.  I figured that, where her new settee was, she would be.

I was right. She is currently ensconced in the chair.  She zapped it to the basket shop.  That is the closest room to the big TV in the bedroom.

She is now mesmerized by  one of my Korean Dramas on VIKI.  She is munching on banana bread and trying really hard to ignore Spike. He does like his banana bread.  I may have to make a tray for little people with lots of tiny slices.  They all seem to like it.  The only trouble is... When I provide enough food, the party starts.

I have a feeling I am going to be pulling  little people out of the punch bowl for the rest of the afternoon.

See you tomorrow.

4 comments:

mcddiss said...

a veces guardamos cosas durante años pensando que hariamos algo con ello, pero lo unico que se nos ocurre es tirarlo, yo tambien estoy haciendo eso con algunas cosas de mi taller , ese pan de platano tiene muy buena pinta , no me extraña que Tessy se avalanzase sobre el

besitos

Mari

Molly said...

A newbie to minis, I tripped over your blog and I can't even remember what the original search was for! Anyway, I was immediately captivated by the story line and am now working my way forward from the beginning. What a fantastic blog! It will take me all year to get caught up, but I see Zar and Tessie are still at it!
Thank you!

Caseymini said...

Molly, I went back and read all of the jewelry topic today. It took me quite a while, but it reminded me when I started doing some of the different kinds of jewelry I do. I need to figure out how to go back and correct some mistakes that I have made over the last nine years. Sometimes I type to fast and get myself in trouble. Please just ignore the mistakes!

Molly said...

BWAHAHA! I just now came to this post...I might get all caught up today! I am learning so much from your blog, I so appreciate all you teach! I am building a Cape house, and just getting started. I have So many Questions!!