Don't forget to poke the photos to enlarge!

Sunday, May 14, 2017

Lady! You Dropped Your Shoe!

I cleaned up Cindy's front porch.  This was one of the first attempts, if not the first, that I did at marbleizing in miniature. Not too bad... Could be better.

I just drew the floor out on illustration board, marked off the tiles and went to work with pink, gray, black and white paint.
The bouquet is going to have to be redone. There are two of them.  They were done with a mixture of silk roses and dried flowers.  The clear(meant to be water)mixture in the vase has turned milky.  Icky!

The shelf was done with a mixture of wood and gesso.  I carved the underneath part, but the detail on the edge of the shelf was put on with thick gesso.  Maybe someday I will replace the shelves with better ones, but they are down on the list a ways.
As I was cleaning, Zar wandered in and found Cindy's shoe.  Gentleman that he is, he asked if it was hers.  As he was about to hand it to her, this happened...
Yup. Tessie showed up.  She was hiding in the bushes in the front yard, next door.

She immediately claimed that it was her shoe. 

Zar, knowing how she operates, handed Cinderella the shoe and turned around and grabbed Tessie by the scruff of the neck and walked her back to the other end of the castle.  They have their corner boxes stationed there, so that they can see what is going on in the castle at all times now.

I am getting work done by turning off the lights and taking them both to the workroom to spend the day.  I am losing a lot of minis.  The pair of them are collecting and stuffing everything in drawers labeled "His" and "Hers".  I refuse to look in either one of them.  I doubt that I would like what they have stashed... As it is, I expect that they each have plans for a castle of their own now... I don't even want to think about it. 

Back to work.

See you tomorrow.

2 comments:

elizabeth s said...

I think that your marble flooring looks Fantastic Casey, and so does your wall shelf!
Cinderella has a lovely pose and by it, one could almost assume that she was "flirting" with Zar, which may account for your Tessie was in the bushes ;P

Giac said...

Hello Casey,
How refreshing to see Zar acting like such a gentleman. It is nice to see that chivalry is not lost!
Big hug
Giac